WHAT TO BRING - Ski retreat
FOR THE CABIN
— SHEETS/BLANKETS FOR TWIN OR SLEEPING BAG
1.) SNACKS/DRINKS/COFFEE / SOME ITEMS WILL BE PROVIDED
2.) EAR PLUGS
SKIING (Fri afternoon/ possibly Sat night)
– water resistant clothing such as ski bib, pants, jacket, shirt (some available for purchase/rent at ski area; best bet is to purchase at a Walmart nearby on the way up)
– shoes with good grip such as hiking to walk around ski area (when not skiing)
– MUST WEAR FACEMASK (trust me, you’ll want it as it will be cold! ha)
OPTIONAL but HIGHLY recommended:
– ski googles
– ski cap (beanie, etc)
We will be skiing Fri afternoon and for those that would like, Sat night as well. If you haven’t paid the full $275 please go online and purchase your rental/ski lift tickets at https://cataloochee.com/tickets-passes/lift-tickets/.
EVERYONE please also fill out the required waiver @ https://cataloochee.ezwaiver.com/?processToken=E6C1A1D808ECF7C46EFDE7619F12E17F&show=askParticipation.
– SPENDING MONEY (SNACKS, FAST FOOD, TIPS FOR GUIDES)
– JOURNAL (ONE WILL BE PROVIDED) / PENS
– WILD AT HEART
ADDRESS: 3190 Fie Top Rd, Maggie Valley, NC 28751
NOTE: WHEN YOU GET TO TOP OF MOUNTAIN THE GPS WILL TAKE YOUR THROUGH A PARKING LOT FOR THE SKI AREA TO THE RIGHT. FOLLOW SIGNS THROUGH THAT PARKING LOT TO FIND ROAD TO RETREAT CENTER AND PROCEED. BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS IF ANY SIGNS OF SNOW/ICE ARE ON THE ROAD. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SUMMIT MOUNTAIN W/O 4-WHEEL DRIVE IF DRIVING CONDITIONS ARE HAZARDOUS. PARK AT THE BOTTOM OF MOUNTAIN IN LARGE PARKING LOT AND CONTACT US FOR PICK UP.
Emergency Phone Num: 706-851-7025 (give to your significant loved ones to reach you in case of emergency/cell phones stay in hiding par favor 😉 )
TIMES: Thurs night – Sun morning (please make every effort to be there as soon as possible Thurs evening and plan to say till at least 10 am on Sun as significant events typically take place at beginning and end of retreat)
Meals: All meals provided except for Thurs night